Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?

I don't want to sound like this total nerd who named my kid Clark because I'm obsessed with Superman (which I'm not) I mean I like it just fine...but does it sound like I'm all obsessed lol? I just really like the name! Dangit I ALWAYS like names with weird associations!Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?I don't relate Clark with superman at all... that never even occurred to me. But that's probably because... I don't even know anything about superman. or batman. or spiderman... or any of those other men for that matter.



Clark was the name of the town next to where I lived a few weeks ago. They were about half an hour from us, but were still included in our population of the general town for some reason.



I actually think Clark sounds very handsome. Not superman-y (that really reminds me of that new-ish TV show, supermanny... the play-off of supernanny, but a dude..?). So, I wouldn't associate it with superman at all. I think it's a perfectly fine name. Not like a blatantly obvious association like "Joker" or something (okay, I know that isn't even superman, but what do I know about these heroes and villains?).



-- AmyIs it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?
No way, you're totally cool. I like the name Clark, too. I do kind of think of Superman (which, let's be honest, isn't really a bad thing), but it's not like the name Clark is synonymous with Superman. When you hear the name Luke, do you only think of Luke Skywalker? Maybe it pops into your head, but the thought of Luke Skywalker doesn't overpower the name. It's the same for Clark.Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?I think of Clark Griswold, not superman. lol

http://blogs.wkrz.com/files/2009/08/clar…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Grisw…



I'm in a similar situation. I love the name Esme, but people automatically think of Twilight, and I don't want people thinking i'm a Twilight nut.



?кαу??? ?уηη.
lol, Superman was not the first person to come to my mind when I heard Clark...it was actually Clark Griswold! Maybe because we watched Christmas Vacation a few too many times over the holidays. Anyway, I think it's a cute name and you should go ahead and use it no matter who people think of when they hear it.Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?Not everyone instantly makes that association. I don't, although if I think about it for a few minutes I do. But I wouldn't think that you named your son Clark because you were obsessed with Superman.Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?
i think Clark is cute no matter what...and it has special meaning to you because you do love superman! Now Nicholas Cage naming his kid Kal-el is a bit over the top...Clark...not so over the top.
I think of Clark Griswold..,



which is too bad really, because Clark is a nice, strong name that will never be mispronounced or misspelled.Is it bad that everyone relates the name Clark with Superman?
I don,t think it is obsessed it is like calling your kid luke and saying your obsessed with Star Wars.
Clark and Superman....So 1990's!



You're safe.
  • book club recommendations
  • kauffman tire
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment